The Student Senate is the governing body representing all students registered for credit courses. The group works to keep student body morale high at the same time fostering a close spirit of cooperation among Northwestern Campus students, faculty and staff.
Fall 2023 Student Senate Meeting Calendar
Student Senate will be meeting regularly on Tuesdays at 12:30pm in the Office of Student Activities (GW110).
August 29, 2023
NO Meeting September 12th– Welcome Fair
November 7th Reading Day- No Classes
What the Northwestern Student Senate Does
- Serves as the official representative body for NCCC students.
- Represents student interests under the CT State Northwestern Student Senate Constitution
- Student Senate By-Laws:Northwestern Student Senate By-Laws
- Has the authority to make recommendations to the faculty and administration on matters regarding NCCC student welfare.
- Sponsorship of co-curricular programs from the revenue of the student activity fee.
- Charters student clubs and organizations, allocating funds to them for their activities.
- Holds weekly meetings open to all registered NCCC students. Meetings take place in GW 110.
All announcements concerning the Student Senate can be found in the Campus Voice. Please check it for updates and all the latest news. We encourage you to get involved in this important link between the students and the Northwestern community!
Being a part of the Northwestern Student Senate is a great way to get involved with the Northwestern community and truly make a difference. As a member of the Student Senate you are involved in key decisions that have a direct impact on the student body.
Requirements for Student Senate Membership
- Any registered student at Northwestern with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is eligible to run for a Student Senate seat. (For first semester CT State Northwestern students, the GPA requirement is waived.)
- Officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer.)
Your Student Senate Leaders 2023-2024!
Student Senate President
Student Senate Treasurer
BOR Student Advisory Council Representative
(Ashley Valdez -BOR SAC Representative Alternate)