Guided Pathways Advising Office
Office Hours: Monday: 8:00-4:30 • Tuesday: 8:00-4:30 • Wednesday: 8:00-4:30 • Thursday: 8:00-4:30 • Friday: 8:00-4:30
Fridays are now virtual. If you would like to meet with an advisor, please click here.
Welcome to the Guided Pathways Advising Office (click here to learn more) at Northwestern Connecticut Community College!
Our office is committed to providing support for NCCC students from admission to completion. Guided Pathway Advisors connects students to faculty, campus and community resources, online and face to face.
Identify what student type you are from the categories below. Please click on the appropriate student type to read more about preparing for and scheduling your advising appointment. Note: The advising requirements may be different for each student type.
Robert C Turner Jr, Campus Advising Lead
(Phone) 860 738-6328 • (E-mail) Rturner@nwcc.commnet.edu
Samantha Palombizio, Guided Pathways Advisor II
(Phone) 860 738-6306 • (E-mail) SPalombizio@nwcc.commnet.edu
Rebecca Russo, Guided Pathways Advisor I
Majors: General Studies Last Names M-Z (Including Pre-Nursing and Pre-Vet Tech), Nursing, Vet Tech
(860) 738-6339 • (Email) RRusso@nwcc.commnet.edu
Rick J. Boger-Hawkins, Guided Pathways Advisor I
Majors: Art, Communication, English, Spanish, Fine Arts, Digital Media, Graphic Communication Design, Graphic Design, Liberal Arts, & Undeclared/Non-Degree
(Phone) 738-6307 • (Email) RBoger-Hawkins@nwcc.commnet.edu
*Alayna Scarangelo, Guided Pathways Advisor I
Majors: Business, Computer Programing, Computer Systems Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, High School Partnership, Technology Studies Data Science, Economics, Marketing & Sales, & Webmaster/Internet Design
(Phone) 860 738-6468 • (Email) AScarangelo@nwcc.commnet.edu
* Samantha Palombizio will be covering Alayna Scarangelo’s caseload until 1/2/24. Students can make an appointment using the link below.
Emilee Maus, Guided Pathways Advisor I
Majors: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics, Engineering, General Studies Last Names A-L (Including Pre-Nursing & Pre- Vet Tech), Natural Resources, Manufacturing, & Technology Studies- Engineering Technology Options
(Phone) 860 738-6467 • (Email) EMaus@nwcc.commnet.edu
Lisselot Pimentel, Guided Pathways Advisor I
Majors: Allied Health Sciences, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education Programs, Geography, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Deaf Studies, Health Information Management, Health Information & Reimbursement, Interpreter Training Program, & Medical Assisting
(Phone) 860 738-6369 • (Email) LPimentel@nwcc.commnet.edu
Welcome to CT State Community College, Northwestern from the Guided Pathways Advising Office. We are excited to have you here with us and eager to help you embark on this journey.
We invite all new students to schedule a New Student Registration Appointment to review the steps to a successful semester, become familiar with myCTState (Click here for myCTState setup instructions and refer to your acceptance email for your initial password) and register for first semester courses.
To set up a New Student Registration Appointment, please contact Alayna Scarangelo at AScarangelo@nwcc.edu
Our priority is to ensure a smooth transition into our community.
We hope to see you soon!
During the academic year, current students planning for the next semester should meet with their faculty advisor. However, if you are unable to meet with your faculty advisor, an advisor in the Guided Pathways Advising Office will be glad to assist you.
If you need help finding your faculty advisor click here.
If continuing students are unable to get in contact with their faculty advisor they should schedule an appointment with the Guided Pathways Advising Office.
Find out who you Guided Pathways Advisor is here.
Set up an appointment by clicking here.
If you are transferring from another institution and would like to graduate from CT State Community College, Northwestern please follow the steps below to make an appointment with a Guided Pathways Advisor.
- Complete a CT State, Northwestern application by clicking here
- Request an official transcript(s) from any and all institutions previously attended.
- If you are unable to request an official transcript from your institution(s) students can bring an unofficial transcript to appointment. If you do not have an evaluated transcript(s) or an unofficial transcript to present to the advisor for your advising session we will not be able to assist you with registration
Set up an appointment by clicking here.
- Complete a Connecticut State Community College, Northwestern application by clicking here
- Be prepared to present an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) from any and all of your institutions previously attended. If you do not have an unofficial transcript to present to the advisor for your advising session we will not be able to assist you with registration
Set up an appointment by clicking here and select Rick Boger-Hawkins.
Before Advising, Readmit students must:
- Complete a Connecticut State Community College, Northwestern application by clicking here (Choose “Readmit Student” when you are prompted to choose an Admit Type). If you need in person assistance, come to our Enrollment Center Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm, at Greenwoods Hall, Suite 219, 119 N. Main St. Winsted, CT.
You can set up an appointment with an advisor by clicking here