College Success Tips & Resources
College can be an adjustment. Whether you are a full-time student or just taking a few classes, college can take some getting used to. At Northwestern Connecticut Community College, we are here to help you reach all of your goals. So, here are a few tips for college success that are sure to come in handy as you pursue your dreams here at NCCC!
Tips for College Success
- Attend all of your classes and stay for their entirety.
- Stay focused during class – yes, that means putting away those phones and devices!
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek help when you need it.
- Stay organized to help you plan your time and meet your deadlines.
- Be prepared with proper textbooks and other tools.
- Turn in assignments on time.
- Get involved on campus – students who are engaged get better grades and graduate sooner!
- Talk to your professors – about assignments, about lectures, about anything!
- Pursue what your passionate about – if you enjoy the subject, you’re more likely to be successful at it!
- Get plenty of sleep – 8 to 10 hours worth!
- Don’t forget to make time for down time – enjoy your life!