U-Pass Program

All you need is a U-Pass CT and your student ID to ride buses and trains in Connecticut. Get where you need to go without having to pay a fare!

  • Who is eligible?
    The U-Pass is available to both full- and part-time credit undergraduate students taking at least one class per semester on campus at the participating colleges and universities. At this time, graduate students as well as exclusively online, non-credit, and early college/high school students are not eligible for the program.
  • For how long is the pass effective?
    The Fall semester U-Pass covers August 1-December 31. The Spring semester U-Pass covers January 1-July 30.
  • What is the cost?
    Each student is charged $40 per semester for the pass. The DOT has set this special rate for our students only; normal cost to the public is $63 per month. The transportation fee is considered an institutional charge, so financial aid may be applied.
  • What is required for students to use the pass and on what types of transportation can it be used?
    Students must have a valid student ID to show along with their pass when using the transportation systems. Students can use the unlimited semester pass to travel within the state on rail or bus, including CTtransit and CTfastrak, but excluding Amtrak.Have your U-Pass and valid student ID ready when you board any of these services:

    •  CANDYSTRIPER Northwestern CT Transit District (NWCTD)
    • Greater Bridgeport Transit (gbt)
    • Norwalk Transit Housatonic Area Regional Transit (HARTtransit)
    • Milford Transit South East Area Transit (SEAT)
    • Windham Region Transit District (WRTD)
    • 9 TownTransit/Estuary Transit District Middletown Area Transit (MAT)
    • CTtransit & CTtransit Express: Hartford, New Haven, Waterbury, Stamford, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden, Wallingford
    • CTfastrak New Haven Line (intrastate travel only. Not valid for travel to NYC)
  • Where can I obtain my UPass?
    Students will be able to obtain a UPass when/where they obtain their student ID’s after the start of the Fall Semester. You can obtain both at either the Office of Student Activities (GW110), The Cashiers Office or at the Library.
  • What happens if a student loses the pass?
    A student may only be given one replacement pass per semester. After that, they must wait for the next semester to get a new pass.
  • What happens if a student attends multiple CSCU schools?
    Students should only be charged once for the pass. Students will have to request a waiver after the payment of the first fee.
  • Schedule:

    Northwestern Transit District, CANDYSTRIPER Schedule: https://www.nwcttransit.com/


For more information Visit: https://www.nwcttransit.com/