Weather Procedures and Policies – 2022-23 School Year
During periods of inclement weather the NCCC campus will follow the procedures and policies below:
If the College closes due to severe weather:
- Level 1 (essential) staff are required to report at their normal work times.
- Non-Level 1 staff and administrators and all students will remain home and all classes will be cancelled.
- Students with clinical rotations, internships or other in-person off-campus commitments are to follow the requirements of their host agency.
- All scheduled on-campus events are postponed.
- Bookstore, library, etc. will be accessed online.
Snow Parking Restrictions: Level 1 employees coming to campus will be directed to park in designated areas. All other employees are to remove cars from no-covered parking areas to facilitate snow removal.
Non-Level 1 Employee Work Procedures/Policies:
- Faculty are asked to remain home and to ensure that their students are aware of the college closure and the class policy relating to work online, that will be determined by each individual faculty member.
- Students are asked to familiarize themselves with the policies as defined by their instructors and to pay close attention to announcements (described below) as to when the college will re-open.
- Staff that are not Level 1 employees are not required to come to campus and should remain home. Remote work is no longer required during the closing period.
- Please continue to check announcements on when the college will re-open. These announcements will be posted as follows:
- NWCC.edu website
- College email
- Text message
- NBC30 TV Station
- WFSB TV Station (Channel 3)
- Fox 61 TV Station
- WZBG Radio Station
- Weather line: 860-738-6464