How to Register
Registering for classes at Northwestern Connecticut Community College is quick and easy! There are four simple ways to go about registering at NCCC.
How To Register for Classes at NCCC
- In Person – Bring your registration form to NCCC’s Registrar’s Office during regular business hours. Registration form
- Online – Register any time on mycommnet.
- Fax – Fax your registration form to NCCC at 860.738.6413. Registration form
- Mail – Send your registration form to NCCC at Greenwoods Hall, Room 215. Registration form
Need more information about Online Learning?
Learn more about Online Learning.
Senior Citizen Registration
CT Residents who are 62 years of age or older may be eligible for a tuition waiver provided there is space available in the course on the first day of classes. Registration Forms will be accepted by senior citizens and held. We will process the registrations in the order in which they are received a few days before the semester begins.
Tuition, College Service Fees, Student Activity Fees and Application Fees are waived. Lab Fees and Studio Fees will not be waived and must be paid at the time of registration.
To be assured a seat in the class, senior citizens have the option of registering and paying in full during the normal registration period.
Classes can be taken for a grade or as an audit.
You can submit the Senior Citizen Registration Form (form to be added soon) to us by mail or come to the Registrar’s Office to complete one.
If you have any questions, you can call the Registrar’s Office at 860-738-6314 or 860-738-6312.
Some Important Information
Drop & Withdrawal Deadlines
NCCC students wishing to drop or withdraw from courses must complete the proper form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. Forms must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the following deadlines.
Fall 2016 Deadlines:
- Friday, August 26 – Last day to Drop with a 100% tuition refund
- Monday, September 12 – Last day to Drop with a 50% tuition refund
- Friday, November 11 – Last day to Withdraw (no refund)
Spring 2017 Deadlines:
- Wednesday, January 18 – Last day to Drop with a 100% tuition refund
- Wednesday, February 1 – Last day to Drop with a 50% tuition refund
- Wednesday, April 5 – Last day to Withdraw (no refund)
Winter 2017 Deadlines:
- Friday, December 23 – Last day to Drop with a 100% tuition refund. No Refund after this date.
- Friday, January 6 – Last day to Withdraw (no refund)
Dropped courses do not appear on the student’s transcript.
Fees are not refunded.
Refunds are not granted for withdrawals.
Your instructor's signature is required for individual course withdrawals. A counselor's signature is required if you are withdrawing from all courses. Consult the NCCC College Catalog for additional information. No refunds are granted during the withdrawal period.
General Fund Refund Policies
Full tuition is refunded if written notice of drop is received by the Registrar the Friday before the semester begins (see dates above). All cancelled classes are refunded if no alternative course is indicated. Fees are not refunded except in the case of course cancellation.
Extension Fund and Summer Course Refund Policies
The Extension Fund Tuition is refunded if written notice of drop is received by the Registrar no later than 4:30 p.m. on the day prior to the first day that the class meets.
Summer Tuition is refunded if the class is dropped the Friday before the session for your class begins.
The NCCC College Services Fee and the NCCC Student Activity Fee are not refundable.
Refunds are not granted after NCCC classes have begun.
All cancelled classes at NCCC are refunded if no alternative course is indicated.
Refund policies are set by the Board of Trustees for the Community-Technical Colleges.
Refund checks are issued by the State Comptroller's Office and take up to six weeks to process after classes begin.