Scholarships for New Students
- Applicants must be a full-time matriculated student at NCCC (enrolled in an associate degree program).
- Full-time student scholarship recipients must enroll for at least twelve (12) credits.
- Complete the on-line scholarship application for new students (including essay).
- By Friday, March 31, 2017 – Draper Scholars Scholarship
- By Friday, July 28, 2017 – Carl F. Norden Scholarship
- Complete the online application for admission to NCCC for the fall semester.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (applicants must file the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] to be considered for any scholarship that requires demonstrated financial need; detailed instructions for completing the FAFSA are contained in the Financial Aid section of the College’s webpage.)
- By Friday, March 15, 2017 for the Draper Scholars Scholarship
- By Friday, July 1, 2017 for the Carl F. Norden Scholarship
- Submit (or have submitted) a copy of his/her most current high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from high school guidance counselor, teacher or community leader.
All scholarship applications and requested documents (essay, high school transcript and letter of recommendation) must be submitted to:
NCCC Scholarship Committee
Northwestern Connecticut Community College
Park Place East
Winsted, CT 06098
Essays may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your name and student ID on the essay.)
Incomplete or late scholarship applications will not be reviewed by the NCCC Scholarship Committee.