The NCCC Student Senate is the governing body representing all students registered for credit courses. The group works to keep student body morale high at the same time fostering a close spirit of cooperation amongst Northwestern Connecticut Community College students, faculty and staff.
What the NCCC Student Senate Does
- Serves as the official representative body for NCCC students.
- Represents student interests under the Student Senate Constitution.
- Has the authority to make recommendations to the faculty and administration on matters regarding NCCC student welfare.
- Sponsorship of co-curricular programs from the revenue of the student activity fee.
- Charters student clubs and organizations, allocating funds to them for their activities.
- Holds weekly meetings open to all registered NCCC students. Meetings take place in GW 110.
We encourage you to get involved in this important link between the students and the Northwestern Connecticut Community College community!