Northwest Community College

UConn Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP)

If you are a students enrolled in a liberal arts transfer program at one of Connecticut's community colleges, The Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) could be just your ticket to admission to UCONN after you earn your Associate’s degree.

If plan to continue your studies to earn a bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences; Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources, or Business,  GAP can guarantee your admission to the University of Connecticut, assuming that you complete your associate degree, take appropriate courses, and earn at least the minimum grades and requirements for your selected UCONN program.

As a GAP student you will meet with NWCC and UCONN advisors throughout your community college career, helping  ease your eventual transition to the University. With limited exceptions, you must be matriculated in the liberal arts transfer program at Northwestestern.

Most important, you must apply to GAP before they have accrued more than 30 transferable credits. If interested you should review the information below and contact the NCCC GAP counselor for further information and assistance in selecting courses that will meet both community college and UConn degree requirements.





GAP powerpoint presentation


To schedule a meeting with a transfer advisor, or for any other transfer-related information, please call Rick Boger-Hawkins, the UCONN GAP Contact Person in The NCCC Center for Student Development at 860. 738. 6420.


Back to Transfer Out Advising