Educational Paraprofessional Pathway
Mission | Faculty | Outcomes | Coursework
The objective of this pathway is to prepare students to work in school districts in the State of Connecticut as a paraprofessional.
Michele Better, email@example.com, 860-738-6305
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
1. Promote and foster appropriate ongoing child development and learning.
2. Create and implement developmentally and culturally appropriate learning opportunities for young children in a variety of teaching/learning environments.
3. Become an engaging, reflective, intentionally practicing professional who demonstrates skills for advocacy.
4. Observe, document and assess to support young children and their families.
5. Maintain accurate records and develop appropriate documentation required working with young children within a program/school.
6. Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
7. Demonstrate verbal, written, oral and visual communication skills.
8. Function as a contributing member of a team.
ENG* 101 Composition - 3 credits
COM* Communication Elective - 3 credits
MAT* Mathematics Elective - 3 credits
PSY* 111 General Psychology I - 3 credits
ECE* 176 Health, Safety & Nutrition - 3 credits
ENG* 102 Literature & Composition - 3 credits
ECE* 103 Creative Experiences for Children1 OR ECE* 106 Music & Movement for Young Children - 3 credits
ECE* 182 Child Development - 3 credits
ECE* 231 Early Language & Literacy Development - 3 credits
PSY* 260 Psychology of the Exceptional Child - 3 credits
EDU* 102 Educational Paraprofessional - 3 credits
ECE* 210Observation, Participation & Seminar OR ECE* 222 Methods & Techniques in ECE - 3 credits
ECE* 275 Child, Family & School Relations - 3 credits
PSY* 204 Child & Adolescent Development - 3 credits
Natural Science Elective - 3/4 credits
HIS* History Elective - 3 credits
Humanities and Arts Elective - 3 credits
Social Science Elective - 3 credits
Behavioral Science Elective - 3 credits
Computer Science Elective - 3 credits
TOTAL CREDITS 60(61)